What or who has the best puppy-dog training books or video?

Q. I'm trying to teach or train a husky- german shepard mix pup2mos, old. I know that's young, but I figure if I start trying now on simple things that it is better than waiting or putting it off until he won't understand any commands. His mom,german shepard, was so easy to teach everything,but his dad,husky,oooh my gosh.He was so hyper, he would'nt be still to listen to anything.

A. When my dog was a puppy the puppy trainer recommended a book by the Monks of New Skeet. They are known for having well trained dogs. Good luck.

What is the best age to take a puppy to dog training courses?
Q. I have a wire haired daschund and we will be taking it to dog training courses. What age is best for us to start taking it to courses?

A. Well, for me daschunds are the best choice of breed, so well done on that. I also think - judging by everyones answers - that you should start as early as possible. Daschunds really deserve a nice name like Koko. Whatever the name is, make sure it's not something like Dahpne. I would also recommend a dog training service such as "Lead The Dog". Just look at www.LeadtheDog.co.uk for more information. Have a nice day!

At what age should I start taking my border Collie puppy to dog training?
Q.

A. As soon as he's old enough. First step is puppy manners class. After that, obedience. From there, you decide what types of things you want to do. Obedience, agility, flyball, herding, tricks, etc.

Groundwork training should be done from the second he's able to move around. A proper breeder would have been laying groundwork and you would have experience to continue it until he can get to puppy classes. If you don't have experience with what you should be teaching a puppy or a dog, then this is not the breed of dog for you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments: