What is the best (reasonably priced) pet insurance for a dog?

Q. Would like to know any personal experiences - positive or negative.

Thanks!
Thanks - I know best and resaonably priced can be two seperate things... I'm asking what is the best reasonably priced one?

A. best, and reasonably priced, aren't necessarily the same thing!

I use VPI for my pups...I have found them to be the most comprehensive pet insurance....

great turn around on claims,
great customer service

Good Luck!

Does anybody have pet insurance for their Dog/other animals ?
Q. What did you pay for it ?
Any additional info is appreciated.

A. I have pet insurance for my 3 year old beagle mix. It's about $100 per year. I have the cheaper plan with VPI, and it doesn't cover routine stuff or spaying/neutering. Still, it's really cheap and they do reimburse you for vet expenses related to accidents, illnesses or injuries. My dog ate some chicken wings once and the insurance reimbursed me for the x-rays and stuff. I really like it because I know my dog will always have the care he needs even if I don't have money. I just have it in case of emergencies, which is what it's really good for.

My dog just got hit can i ever get pet insurance?
Q. He had his leg broken pretty bad. Im paying big. I want to know if its to late to get pet insurance for him for the future.

A. Hi Rena

First, a disclaimer: I work for Embrace Pet Insurance in Cleveland, Ohio.

You can get pet insurance for your dog even though he was hit by a car. The pet insurance only covers stuff that hasn't happened yet so unfortunately your broken leg would not be covered, it is a pre-existing condition.

Typically in cases like this treatment related to your dog's broken leg would not be covered for a certain amount of time, usually the first year of a new policy. However if everything resolves satisfactorily then coverage would be re-instated for that broken leg in the second policy term (i.e. when your policy renews).

Not every pet insurance plan does things this way so be sure and check with each company to clarify.

So it is not too late to get him pet insurance for the future but you will have to bear the cost of treating his current broken leg.

I hope this helps,

Alex
Embrace Pet Insurance
http://www.EmbracePetInsurance.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments: