what is the best dog training book to read for an apbt puppy?

puppy dog training
 on Stock image of 'Dog Puppy Education Training'
puppy dog training image



serrsly


i recently ordered pit bulls for dummies, and will soon acquire a copy of dog training for dummies.

the lady that lives downstairs from me gave me a book titled 'Smarter than you Think' and it tells you to throw things at your dog to teach it to come, and to stick a match in its butt to poop, and not trust dog food companies, and all this weird stuff, not too sure about that book.

any other suggestions? or tips?



Answer
When I had just got my APBT I went to my local library's site and in the keyword box i put Pit Bull and it came up with alot of good books that were really useful so try looking up your library. They have alot of info on APBTs. Good luck

What are the pros and cons of crate training for puppy dogs?




nyuxbrain


I have a 9-week old mini pinscher. I live in a relatively spacious Manhattan apartment.


Answer
Not a whole lot of cons. Some dogs are not properly introduced to the crate, so they may have a bad experience and become fearful of the crate - they may bark or injure themselves trying to get out.

Pros:
it's humane
it's safe (for both your dog and your house)
it's a lot easier when you travel with your dog
it's a lot easier when you leave your dog at a boarding kennel
it speeds up house training
it gives your dog a safe secure place to call its own
it's very helpful when you have people over to visit or workmen in and out for any reason.

ETA: The biggest con I've found is my one dog knows it's his safety zone. When he sees me bring out the bottle of ear cleaner he dives into his crate. He knows I won't go in after him. So I have to remember to close and lock his crate before I get out the ear cleaner.

Who is considered to be the best dog/puppy training facility?




grannysuns


Our 8mo old puppy seems to have a very short attention span. We take her out on a leash to "potty" and if there is anything or anybody else around, she is distracted and does nothing. It can be a bird, a car, a person, or just sniffing in the wind. She has learned to obey the "sit" and "shake" (offers a paw) commands. Has not learned "down" or "stay". We think she is "ADHD". Any suggestions?


Answer
Puppies like babies have short attention span. But you are wise to consider obedience training. Look for trainer who is an animal behaviorist and you should be fine no matter who you choose. Call your local vet office to see if they can recommend one. I would stay away from PetSmart. I've seen the way they train and it is not the best.

I got both my dogs trained when they were puppies. I brought them every Saturday for an hour and it was great. I learned a lot. And depending on what kind of dog you have, you may really really need the training. I have 2 miniature schnauzers, which are smart stubborn dogs.



Powered By Berita Unik Indonesia

0 comments: