How much does Petco's Basic Dog Training Class cost?

Q. We just adopted a 5 month old lab mix from an animal shelter and would like to bring her to training classes. Anyone know for about how much the basic training classes at Petco cost?

(I know they vary store to store, but I'm just looking for approximately how much the classes usually run for.)

A. Mine cost 155 dollars. I live in Massachusetts.

Just a warning, classes at Petco do NOT work. I also took my 6 month old lab mix which I got from a shelter, it's a low budget class, not taken very seriously by staffers. I'm sure they vary but if I were you I'd invest the extra 50-60 dollars in getting a reputable trainer at a reputable business. I enrolled my dog in puppy classes with a place voted Best of Boston for 5 straight years and what surprised me was the price was 240.00 the class was much more professional, they provided clickers to train with, online videos, handouts, and lots of patience and a much better work space. If I were you I'd research another place first! I hope this helps... good luck and congrats with your new dog!

Does anybody know what are the basic questions one is given for a dog training interview?
Q. It's for PetSmart,I'm going to apply to be a dog trainer so I figured you guys could help. Thanks!

A. I would figure they would ask you about your dog training experience and why you feel you are qualified.

Are there universal hand signals in dog training when it comes to cueing basic obedience commands?
Q. If not universal, what are the most commonly used signals?

A. That's a great question. I think it only matters if you are training the dog for someone else, or with the intention to show them. One of our dogs is trained to voice commands as well as hand signals, but originally the hand signals just kind of 'happened'. We realized that every time we told him to sit, we were holding our hand out with front of us with the palm facing him- and we were curious if he responded to the hand signal or the words. Now he can respond to both, and we made up other hand signals for his other commands.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments: