i try so hard to give my cat a bath she wont let me help!!!most pet spa in my area don't groom cats..?

Q.

A. put her on the leash for cats(helps me every time).

Can petting a cat help groom it?
Q. So I have a super fluffy cat in my house. She's part persian. She sheds so much. She hasn't been lately since it's been cool, but we live in the south. It's already starting to warm up a little!

Anyway, that's beside the point. When I go to pet her, she really gets into it. She's so cute. She'll move her head around all over my hand. She really does all the work for me. I don't have to move at all. Sometimes, I drop my arm to the floor, and she just rubs it for minutes at a time. I actually like the feel of her fur, so I get enjoyment out of it too.

Could this help groom her? We have a brush that we use in the summer so that her fur doesn't clump together, but I was wondering if her rubbing against me could act as a natural grooming solution as well as me sometimes gently scratching her behind the ears and stuff.

Thanks!
I did refer to my cat as "she". The question was supposed to be gender ambiguous to cover all cats (male and female). I'm not asking this for myself. I'm just using my cat as an example.

A. Ok, I was reading some of these answers to your question here. LOLOLOLOL. LMFAO. not at you, but at most of these answers. The reason she is rubbing on you, regardless if it's your legs your hand, the reason she's rubbing on you is because she's leaving her scent on you, it also feels good to her too. But I have a problem with the way you asked your question. You referred your cat as an it. A cat is a living creature, don't say it say he or she. Thanks. But I hope I answered your question for you?

Is it natural for cats to groom themselves a lot randomly (not just eaten, slept, too hot/cold or been petted?
Q. I'm curious what stimulates grooming behavior besides after rest or around meal times. If they're not doing it as temperature control it's probably nothing to worry about -- just random touch ups are probably to remove dirt, debris or skin flakes ?

Because being touched messes up the fur and puts a foreign scent the cat will try to get rid of quickly. But they don't always lick the area that was rubbed. Another reason in winter is conserving heat as licking the fur smooths it down and traps air near the skin to insulate against cold. So although the house thermostat is set between 75-80, extra grooming could be a sign my very short hair, thin fur kitty is chilly ?

A. I have written some material on cat behavior, training, and solutions. Feel free to go to the following site; it will help you understand why cats behave the way they do.

http://www.squidoo.com/catsolutions

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments: